Thursday, December 9, 2010

ANARCHY IN THE UK

Posted by Fashion Editor at Large



I judged a jewellery competition at Central Saint Martins today with the jeweller Hannah Martin. The purpose of it is to intoduce a new precious metal to the market by the name of Palladium.  

On my way into CSM on Southampton Row I was handed the above by either a student protester, or an anarchist who had infiltrated the march.

It amused the fashion junior and I that the leaflet was headlined using the Comic Sans typeface.

More than that though I'm just glad people are making a stand. We need to fight injustice and take power back.

Comrades Dirk & Flav, you made my week.

The last time we had this much anarchy in the UK we got the punk movement and Vivienne Westwood.

As I press "publish" news reaches that MPs at Westminster have voted in favour of plans which will allow universities to charge tuition fees of up to £9,000 per year. DAMN.



0 comments: